Twilight Lovers




Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Okay, here we go!!!!

So, I have been trying to start a blog and have been nervous to do so.  I didn't want to have just one blog and nothing else, but then it occurred to me that everyone else who has ever started a blog has started with one post.  So, here we go!  Enjoy :)

What more fitting than to start the blog with a great deal that I got.

I went to Safeway last night, with my family in tow, to stock up on their Kellogg's/Keebler deal.  Two cart fulls later, I mean busting out the seams, we were ready to head to the check register.  Thankfully a cashier I have built a relationship with was working and we quickly got in her line.  I had my list and was telling Mike, my husband, what order to put things on the belt.  See, they had a deal that if you bought 10 participating items then you would get an automatic $10 off at the register and also get a $10 catalina (coupon) for your next purchase.  So to make the most of our trip, I divided it all up into 6 transactions.  Crazy, I know!!!!!

I already put everything away and didn't want to get it all back out.  Sorry!  I will try and remember pictures before I am so diligent in getting my shelves stocked :)  I spent $100.98, saved $224.76.  That is a 70% SAVINGS!!!!!

Here is what I got:
5 raisin bran
5 raisin bran crunch
10 cheeze-its
10 keebler cookies
10 pop-tarts
10 fruit snacks
2 office max filler paper
3 bic pens
5 loaves of bread
3 boxes of ice cream bars
5 milk
4 butter
8 nutri grain bars
2 fiber plus bars
10 fresh gourmet croutons
4 mangos
12 corn on the cob
green beans
black grapes
bananas (some have already been eaten)

I am super excited to have a lot of these things back on my shelves again.  My girls are going to love having fruit snacks back!

No comments:

Post a Comment