Twilight Lovers




Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Food Storage/Stockpile Calculators

As you can see I have been thinking alot about my food storage/stockpile lately.  Maybe because we have had the need this last year to use it because of a drop in our income.  My husband and I always talk about when this trial in our lives is over, that we need to make an extra effort to make sure we have a better supply built up.  Thankfully, I started couponing about the time our world was turned upside down.  I don't want to get into the details, but we have been hit with a 50% paycut for the last 1 1/2-2 yrs.  We have not had to change our eating habits (yes, we may not have been purchasing lots of steaks and seafood-but overall, not much change) or household items that we use.  I am so grateful for the blessing couponing has been to our family.  With that said, I was talking with a friend a while ago and she had researched Food Storage Calculators.  This is perfect!  I have always wondered how much of something I should be stocking up on.  Thanks Ginger for doing the work and finding these awesome resources! 

I am including the links to two websites that she found helpful and that I am now using:

1.  Three Month Food Storage Supply

2.  Long Term Food Storage Calculator

Thanks so much to Ginger, PreparedLDSFamily and FoodStorageMadeEasy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment